GoDaddy Dedicated Server Review
Unlike a shared server, which powers multiple sites, dedicated server hosts just one site. Website stability and reliability are the twin benefits of investing in a dedicated server—your site leverages a server’s full CPU, RAM, and storage resources, as it doesn’t share them with other sites. You shouldn’t underestimate the importance of these benefits in terms of site speed and reliability.
Among all the solutions Godaddy Dedicated Server plans offers, Value Deal is the most popular one, the monthly plan of which starts from $149.99 per month, and if people subscribe to the 2-year plan, they are able to get a 20 discount and cut the price down to $119.99/mo. Besides, the most affordable solution is Economy, which starts from $79.99 per month to $99.99 per month.
GoDaddy Dedicated Server Features
- You’re in charge with root (administrative) access to install PHP, modules, server level proxy, and much more
- Edit your server files, install Magento or PHP. Do it all with root (administrative) access
- Crunch numbers at ridiculous speeds with the latest generation Intel® Xeon® processors.
- Processor memory 32 GB ECC VLM UDIMM DDR3 1600MHz, (4 X 8)
- Keep your site clean and fast with malware removal, a Web Application Firewall (WAF) and a CDN pre-installed on managed and fully managed plans.
- Linux with cPanel available (managed & fully managed)
- Skimpy email offering.
- Dedicated hosting lacks email
Dedicated servers sound pretty great, right? They are. That said, you should be aware of their relatively high prices. Setting up shop on a dedicated server will likely cost you more than $100 per month; shared servers, on the other hand, can be leased for under $10 per month. In addition, you’ll need to handle firewalls and maintenance yourself unless you opt for a managed server, which costs even more