Founded and officially launched back in 2011, Hide.me is a Malaysia-based provider of VPN services. The company behind Hide.me is eVenture Limited.
Hide.me offers three pricing plans: Free, Plus, and Premium. As the name suggests, the Free subscription doesn’t require you to shell out anything, while the other two set you back $5.42/month and $11.67/month, respectively.
The hide.me Free plan is, and always will be, completely free,” the official website says. “There is no trial period, and the free plan does not require you to add a credit card or other payment method. Not just that, it doesn’t even require you to sign up or register.” You need to, however, manually renew the Free plan each month. Which isn’t a big deal since you get a free VPN.
- Hide.me VPN offers 100+ servers in 24 different countries across the world, though that’s not too impressive
- It provides the best security features to protect users’ privacy and devices from all kinds of online threats. Hide.me VPN maintains its own dedicated server network to ensure fast speeds and absolute privacy.
- Hide.me’s primary support is via a contact form. As with all other providers it is easy to use.
- Amongst a very few providers who offer dynamic port forwarding, which security wise is a more optimal solution
- IKEv2 is great for travelling
- Android & iOS apps
- Great features on Windows client
- Up to 5 simultaneous connections
- Active community
- Multiple connection set-up
- Premium Plan slightly pricey
Hide.me has three different plans: Free, Premium, and Plus. The free plan is quite okay but If you want the best experience, then we’d recommend getting the Premium package as it allows five simultaneous connections and doesn’t have a data transfer limit. As for the simultaneous connections option, the one big downside we found with this is that you have to set it up on their website first before you’re able to connect from another device.