Hostgator Domain Review
HostGator is one of the most recognizable and popular websites hosting companies. It excels in hosting flexibility by providing three different plans under a shared server umbrella. While its web hosting packages are slightly more expensive than those of its competitors, even its starter plans offer a good selection of features. HostGator will happily assist you with relocating an existing website or domain over to their services at no cost.
And if you’re thinking about shelling out the big bucks for any of their premium plans, you’ll also enjoy automated daily database backups, automatic malware removal and a free SSL certificate for processing website transactions. They also offer good pricing for their domain registration when signing up with them. In this post, we reviewed the Hostgator domain and its domain features
Hostgator Domain Features
- Domain Locking: Prevent unauthorized transfer (or “hijacking”) of your domain names. You can also unlock any domain should you choose to
- Domain Renewal: Your domains will auto-renew by default. This will prevent any domain from accidentally expiring due to human error.
- Easy Management: Your domain control panel is designed for ease-of-use and allows for all aspects of your domains to be managed
- Ease of Signup: Easy signup process.
- Payment Methods: Credit Card, PayPal.
- Hidden Fees and Clauses: You cannot use more than 25 percent of their system resources for longer than 90 seconds at a time. Shared and reseller hosting accounts cannot have more than 250,000 nodes. Accounts with over 100,000 inodes are automatically removed from their backup system
HostGator sites are hosted on Dual Xeon servers at Dallas in their data centers at Dallas. The data centers are well equipped and connect to 10 backbone providers. Also, HostGator invest millions of dollars every year in new technologies for better performance. They have about 12,000 servers under management at Houston