Hostgator Virtual Private Server Review
HostGator is a world-leading provider of web hosting. Since 2002, the company is privately owned and based in Houston, Texas. Since then, HostGator has grown from a small hosting company with just three servers in a world leading and industry recognized hosting provider with more than 12,000 servers under management. The over five million domains hosted by HostGator make up approximately 1% of the world’s Internet traffic. As a technology and product innovator, HostGator is able to provide its more than 400,000 customers with innovative products and services designed to complement their existing businesses.
HostGator offers Linux-based VPS hosting starting at $19.95 per month. If you need more power, expect high traffic volumes, or have specific compliance requirements that prevent you from using shared servers (but you don’t want to pay dedicated server prices), these are good options to consider.
The most advanced plan, Snappy 8000, offers 8GB of RAM, 240GB of disk space, and 3TB of monthly data starting. It costs $149.95 per month, or $39.95 per month if you sign up for 36 months
Hostgator Virtual Private Server Features
- All packages are managed using the Parallels Power Panel. Within this control panel, you can easily control every aspect of your VPS server.
- There are 2 semi-managed levels, and 7 fully manage levels. Levels 1 and 2 are semi-managed which means that you don’t get cPanel access and Hostgator admins will only handle hardware, OS, or basic configuration issues on your server
- Within this control panel, you can easily control every aspect of your VPS server.
- A variety of feature-packed hosting plans.
- Useful site-building software.
- Good customer service.
- Great uptime
- The VPS server regularly breaks down and can be unreachable for say half an hour
.If you are just coming from the world of shared hosting, you’ll find that managing your VPS might be a little more daunting to run at first. But that’s helped by the fact that Hostgator’s 24/7 support will help you put everything in order whenever you go wrong.