Namecheap VPS Review
Namecheap is a US-based web company founded by Richard Kirkendall in 2000. As an ICANN-accredited domain registrar and web host, it claims to have over half a million domain users and more than one million web hosting customers. Be this valid or not, it is a host worth reviewing.
This review focuses on Namecheap’s VPS hosting. Our editors have carefully analyzed the pros and cons of its VPS plans by studying their prices, features, performance and technical support. Hopefully, readers can get a better understanding of its VPS hosting service.
NameCheap has released 4 Xen packages on the VPS hosting level with different sizes and prices. Named as VPS Lite, VPS 1, VPS 2 and VPS 3, the plans are priced from $16.95/mo, $26.95/mo, $44.95/mo and $63.95/mo. All of the packages support multiple billing cycles including 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year
Namecheap VPS Features
- NameCheap firstly makes use of various data centers in North America and Europe while it houses the most of virtual private servers in Atlanta NAP/GNAX data center and some in Phoenix data center.
- servers are top-notch, coming from Dell, HP or Supermicro
- NameCheap VPS is built with XEN virtualization platform which can make VPS faster than many other dedicated servers.
- For each of the packages, customers have the ability to customize the server configurations and add extra RAM, disk space, bandwidth and dedicated IPs dynamically when the demands grow.
- For the VPS hosting plans, NameCheap offers a 14-day money back guarantee. When users cancel their accounts within 14 days
- Great customer support
- Top notch servers by industry leading technologies
- The technicians can be reached 24/7 through live chat or email but not phone.
NameCheap is a reliable VPS hosting provider that is suitable for people with enough budget. However, it is not one of the best VPS hosting choices considering the low cost-effectiveness as some of the packages cost even more than a dedicated server.