Norton Antivirus Review
Norton’s lineup of consumer Windows antivirus products combines top-notch malware detection with, in the most expensive product, backup software and 25GB of online storage. The software, however, saps system performance greatly during scans, and even the priciest Norton product lacks some of the creature comforts we’ve come to take for granted in high-end security suites, such as encryption and file shredding.
Feature-wise, the suite’s antivirus protection is identical. However, where users of the standalone antivirus must rely on FAQs and forums for support, the suite adds a full range of tech support, and a Virus Protection Promise—if Symantec’s tech support agents can’t rid your system of pesky malware, the company will refund your money. But as far as features go, the suite’s antivirus protection is identical.
Norton Antivirus Features
- Norton Security provides comprehensive protection for the devices you use to connect.
- PC, Mac®, smartphone and tablet security provides a single solution for your peace of mind.
- Norton Community Watch collects information volunteered by millions of Norton users to spot new threats faster, identify safe files and provide stronger, more efficient protection.
- Location Awareness lets you adjust your level of protection depending on where you’re using your Mac – at home, in your office, at the local coffee shop or on the road.
- Vulnerability Protection updates daily to defend against threats that can infect your Mac through gaps in the operating system or other applications
Excellent malware detection
Comes with a clear and an easy-to-use interface
Useful extra features with top-priced product
Very heavy system performance impact
Inflexible pricing scheme
Only a handful of brands have as much weight in the security suite as Symantec’s Norton. The 2017 edition of Symantec Norton Security Deluxe continues a long tradition of top-notch security, as confirmed by independent labs